Spicy Chicken & Avocado Salad
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 tbsp Cajun seasoning
4 10’’ flour tortillas
1 Cos lettuce, torn
0.5 cucumber, roughly chopped
1 red onion, finely sliced
250g cherry tomatoes, halved
1 Avocado, cut into chunks
1 red chilli, finely diced
1 clove garlic, crushed
4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
100ml soured cream
Coriander leaves to garnish
Salt & black pepper
1. Cut each chicken breast in half lengthways and flatten with a rolling pin between two sheets of cling film, until they are 5mm. Rub the chicken in the Cajun seasoning covering and leave to marinade for 10-20minutes.
2. Place the tortilla in an oiled oven proof bowl, place the same size bowl inside and bake in a hot oven for 5 minutes, remove the internal bowl and return to the oven for a further 2-3 minutes until brown and crisp. Remove tortilla from the bowl and allow to cool. Repeat with the remaining tortilla.
3. Heat a chargrill pan and brush with oil. Chargrill the chicken until cooked through. Slice the chicken into thick strips.
4. Put the olive oil, vinegar and garlic in a jug, season with salt and black pepper and whisk together.
5. In a large bowl toss the salad leaves, chopped chilli, cucumber, onion, tomatoes and avocado. Add the dressing and toss together.
6. Fill the tortilla bowls with the salad and top with strips of chicken.
7. Garnish with coriander leaves and several dollops of soured cream.